PYRON® oxidized acrylic yarns are spun yarns manufactured from PYRON® oxidized fiber.
Pyron oxidized fibers are derived from the heat stabilization of polyacrylonitrile (PAN) fibers by continuously oxidizing PAN precursor to a carbon level of 62 %.
The yarns made from these oxidized fibres similarly to other types of yarns are processable
into vowen, knitted and nonvowen textiles.THE ADVANTAGES OF PYRON® YARNS
Advantages for users of PYRON® yarns come from its unique heat stabilized molecular structure.
It has excellent fire barrier, heat insulation properties and resistance to chemicals.
PRODUCTS WITH SIMILAR CHARACTERISTICS TO PYRON® IN THE WORLD
- The very favourable characteristics of Pyron yarns come from its unique thermally stable molecule structure.
- It has excellent fire, heat and chemical resistance
- Pyron doesn't melt or drip, it chars and self-extinguishes
and so do products from Pyron yarn (flame resistant, an effective heat blocking and fire barrier material, it retains its appearance, hand and textile characteristics after open flame exposure)
- Pyron exhibits low toxic gas generation in a fire
- Its LOI (limiting oxygen index) is 40%, so it doesn’t burn in ordinary air
- Pyron exhibits good resistance to chemicals and solvents
- It has good textile processability
- Non wovens incorporating Pyron exhibit better fire performance
- Pyron is electrically nonconductive and functions as an effective electrical insulator even after exposure to heat and open flames
- It has antistatical characteristics too